Words

10 August 2014

Words can do so much. They can change a world. They can crumble someone's hope. They are powerful, and we have the power to use it whatever way we want. How do we use it? Do we constantly tear down someone? Do we try, but it seems as if whenever we speak, it's negative? How are we using words?





 Often I don't realize how much words can do. Sometimes I just blurt out whatever is in mind, and then  I'm like, "Whoops, that probably really hurt your feelings." I mean, I'm a pretty blunt person. Sugar-coating things will not help, if the real thing you're going to break to the person is harsh. 


Every day we speak to the people around us. Whether it be your family, your friends, your co-workers,  or anyone else you happen to meet along the way. In every conversation we have with someone, we either encourage them a little or drain them. So why when you're in a really bad mood does that one person come up to you and ask you for directions tot the little cafe where everyone should know where it is?  Is snapping the directions at them going to make their day feel better or worse? 





 OK, OK, so, we should try to be positive and speak life to the people around us. I mean, even for me, when I speak or write, I want to point back to Christ. Proverbs 15: 1 says that a soft answer turns away wrath. So, if we're going to be speaking life, speaking about Christ, and speaking gently and kindly, that's a lot of things to think about each time we talk. So am I supposed to have a game plan on how I should say to my friend, "Can I have some water?" 

  Noooooo.... But in how we speak in general should reflect our character. For me, I would probably just say to my friend, "Get me some water." And since I know my friend and that she wouldn't take it as an offense, it's OK.  But if I'm going to snap at every single person I meet in my life, then for sure I am not speaking positive, reflecting Christ, and definitely not going to be a person people know that they can carry a great conversation with. But all in all, how can we speak g r e a t in our everyday living?



Proverbs 4:23 to the rescue! hehe... If we are going to be consuming in our daily lives bad words, that is what we are going to spout out. This is a pretty big subject too, so I'm not going to go into that, but for more on that subject, check out this post by another lovely Christian blogger >>> "Garbage in, Garbage out" @ Daughter of the King <<<<<  If we are going to watch movies, read books, and hang around people who use a lot of bad words, we are going to slowly mold into that kind of a person too. We won't be able to show from our daily living that we are Christians because actions speak wayyyy louder than words. So we need to guard what comes into our hearts and minds. We should be on the alert, so that nothing can penetrate through our minds. 

 And if we are close to the Lord, and walk in His Word daily, that will also impact us in a huge way in the way we talk, the way we dress, the way we act, and the way we live. And I know that this post is talking a lot about words, and I'm not an exception when it comes to speaking negatively. Often it's hard to rein in any bad or negative words that seem to come out of my mouth. So we are all humans, we all will struggle with this. But we can do better than the world if we are close to Christ and love His Word.

 I'm ready to start speaking life, how about you? 


May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.
 Psalm 19:14 (NIV) 

The songs that inspired this post:


tobymac - speak life


hawk nelson - words 



thanks for reading + God bless

♥ Autumn ♥ 






::::some more quotes:::






#words
#speaklife


3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/11/2014

    That was amazing :) Very thought provoking :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you soo much! It just made my day :D

      Delete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.