Catching up on a few tags.....

19 November 2014

Hello all :) Today I decided to catch up on a few (specifically speaking, two. Doesn't "few" sound better though?)  tags that have been pending lately, mainly because I never felt like sitting down and dishing up an "official" tag post. Well, today I did, so basically this is the result! I'm not going to launch into a big "life update" introductory paragraph, 'cuz that's what I usually end up doing anyways on most of my posts. *guilty smile*. So I hope you guys like this post, and a big thank you to the ones who awarded me :D 

Yeeeaaahhh it’s Friday




Thank you Chloe AND Lydia AND Lydia (two different Lydia's, I assure you:) for awarding this to me! Go check out their blogs if you haven't already :) 

*drumroll*

The Rules:

♥ Thank the person who nominated you.
♥ Leave a link to their page.
♥ Give a brief story about how you started blogging, and share some tips.
♥ Nominate 15 other bloggers
♥ Notify your nominees by email or comment.


HOW I STARTED BLOGGING : 

Well, basically, this is my second blog that I've started.  My other one, (check it out here)  I started in, well, actually I'm not even sure. I think either 2012 or 2011. Probably 2012. Anyways, it's called Onedolloutthere, which if you can kind of tell from the title, is about dolls. Well,sometimes people who own American Girl dolls start YouTube channels where they make videos with them. I used to literally be obsessed with them, and I wanted to make a YouTube channel too. But as it turned out, I wasn't allowed, so I waited. Finally I noticed all these people had something called a blog. I would check out all of their blogs, and would be so crazed about this thing called Blogger. So I asked for permission to start a blog. And I got permission. I didn't want to reveal my real name, so I chose Autumn as a pseudonym, because since the day I had learned Mark Twain's real name was Samuel Langhorne Clemens, I had wanted a pseudonym too. (true story there folks) So happily, I started my first blog. And, I'm going to say it here. The design wasn't the best, and the post quality wasn't exactly to die for either.  But gradually, I learned more and more. Soon I realized I wanted to post about non-doll related stuff as well. Since I wanted to keep Onedolloutthere strictly for dolls, I started Autumn's Readings and Writings. Yeah, the name is pretty pathetic, but oh well. And basically, that's how this blog came about to be. And every day, I still don't know how I got 50 people who actually want tor read my blog posts. Literally insane. ♥ 

SOME BLOGGING TIPS:

Well, I really don't consider myself that wise in the blogging niche, but here are a couple extremely cheesy ones that you've probably heard a gajillion time before :P (But they do really help) 
  • Comment on other people's blogs :) This way they know that you appreciate them, and they in turn will check out your site.
  • Follow other people's blogs. Same as above.
  • Don't do it for page views or followers. Absolutely canNOT stress how important this is. Trust me, I know. If you do it for the fame, you may get it, but it may or may not be because you really tried. But more often than not, you actually won't get that fame. Do it for yourself, to make yourself happy. Do it so that when you see that website pull up in front of you, you can smile at your masterpiece <3 
  • Have a nice design. Pretty much a no-brainer.  People are attracted to a blog with a nice design. Funny that Autumn's saying it, who's had the same design for over a year and it's getting pretty ugly. Yeah well, I'm trying to work on  a new design too.. so yeah... but there are people out there who will design your blog for free, or for a small cost. Look for the free ones, and if they're all gone, try to find the cheapest one. Just a hint :D 


NOMINEES: 









Thank you June for awarding this to me. Go check out her blog! 

RULES:


1.  Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
 
2.  List the rules and display the award.

 
3.  Add 7 facts about yourself.

 
4.  Nominate 15 other bloggers. 

 
5.  Follow on blogger the person who nominated you




 7 FACTS ABOUT ME:

♥ I really really love playing volleyball.

♥ there is a quote that has literally revolutionized my life :
 
 via pinterest
 
♥ I'm kind of a chocolate addict. 
 
♥ If you get to really know me, I'll literally never shut up.  Like ask any of my really close friends, and they can tell you all about it. Honest. 

♥ Since we're on the subject of talking, I really love that British accent. Like, really, how awesome is it? 

♥ I like snow, but I really don't like winter. I like snow days from school, but I don't really like winter.  I like wintr-y clothes and Black Friday, but I don't really like winter. I like Christmas and Christmas break, but I don't really like winter. I like... you get the point. 

♥ I have  nicknames penned to me that are sort of unusual since they do not relate to my name in any sort of way: Lobster, Potato Princess, Potato Machine. Not lying or exaggerating. Promise. 



NOMINEES: basically I'm nominating the same ones I did for the above post. Just a tad too lazy here :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Thanks for reading this post and God bless <3 
Autumn
 
 P.S. Post ideas?

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for nominating me for these Autumn! I'll have a really large post hopefully up today with all the award answers. =)
    ~Adi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Can't wait to see it :)

      Delete
  2. Nice answers! Nooo, it's not a pathetic name. ;) I wish I had a pen name now instead of using my real name. I would have chosen Charlotte, or Queen Susan. XD
    You could do a few book reviews as far as post ideas. :)
    ~Lydia~ <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks sooo much :D lol, those would've been awesome. :)

      Delete
  3. Thanks for awarding me, Autumn! I've been awarded these same awards like...10 times now? :D Hmmm...blog post ideas? Something you do to keep warm during the winter? Holiday crafts or snacks to make? Or what book you are reading? Whatever it is, I look forward to your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. XD, well, at least we know you're popular :) Thanks for those ideas, I'll try to have nice posts up :D

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, maybe, maybe. ;) I just tagged you with an award that I just made up. I hope you enjoy it! http://writingforhisgloryblog.blogspot.com/2014/11/winter-wasteland-tag.html

      Delete
  4. Thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I will post it soon, but I want to spread out my blog posts evenly that way I'm not posting about the same thing so close together. I don't want to bore my readers. :)
    www.myblue-striped umbrella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome :) Yeah, totally understand you there.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the nominations!! <3 Great blogging tips. It's always great to genuinely follow and comment and build up a nice community. I love the British accent so much too!! ;)

    -M
    The Life of Little Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks, yes, I agree... being genuine is always best. Same!!

      Delete
  7. BTW- what is June's blog called?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm... which June? XD.... I'm not sure who though....

      Delete
  8. Anonymous11/20/2014

    Thank you for the nomination!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The June who nominated you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh... gotcha. here's the link to her blog >>>> http://weezasjournal.blogspot.com/
      ♥ Autumn

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much for nominating me ! xxx
    These are such precious tips.. thank you!
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome dear :)
      You're welcome, but you're the more experienced blogger here, girl :D

      Delete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.