y o u - a guest post

20 September 2015






(picture creds mine) 


they told me they weren't ready.
peaches take time, time to grow. time to ripen.
they told me that i would find them bitter.

but i took one anyway.
    i stole it, and took it outside into the sun that had sweetened it, and the juice ran between my fingers.

it was lovely.

so when i met you, they told me you weren't ready.
people take time, time to grow. time to ripen.
they told me i would find you bitter.

but i smiled at you anyway.
       i stole your name, whispered it to you when you least expected it, and i realized that you knew mine too.

it was lovely.


you were just what i needed you to be. ♥



<<<<<>>>>>




a huge thank you to the wonderful adelaide for guest posting and writing this gorgeous poem ♥ check her blog out right now, guys, if you haven't already (i mean, how could you not??) it's linked here ^_^  she's one of the sweetest, kindest, poetic bloggers out there...so definitely go check her out. 
anyways, i hope you guys loved this post and make sure to live a life worth living, okay? 
atutumn 



16 comments:

  1. Gorgeous <3

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9/20/2015

    Beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9/20/2015

    Adelaide is so talented! Beautiful poem<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE MY ADELAIDE. AGH. ♥♥♥ Her poem is absolutely amazing. Eeegh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The minute I started reading I KNEW without a shadow of a doubt that it was Adelaide writing. That girl rocks nostalgic posts. GOSH. :D and beautiful picture, Autumn! Y'all make a fabulous pair!

    Chloe | It's A Chloe Thing

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADDDYYYY <3 <3 <3

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
  8. ADELAIDE. I think she's physically incapable of ever writing anything less than perfection.

    O | Life as a Young Lady

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww this is so pretty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous9/21/2015

    Beautiful writing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ughhhhhhhh, so gorgeous. I wish I could write like that. Love the peaches. :)

    Aliah | Indigo Ink

    ReplyDelete
  12. squee! thank you so much for letting me do this! i had so much fun. ♥♥♥ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The P.O.E.M. (insert emoiji with heart eyes)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES FOR ADELAIDE <33

    ReplyDelete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.