H O M E  |  A B O U T   |  C O N T A C T  |  B U T T O N |

City Girl

I decided to make a book in which I would post parts every time I felt like it. (They will be done as posts) I'm not going to give you much background, just read on. :)


City Girl #1



 I could hear laughter behind me. I didn’t care. I fled and ran. To where? I didn’t even know.



                                                                         __________



 My feet thudded the ground as I flew down the dusty sidewalk. I saw a few people turn their heads and stare at me for a second. Let them. I didn’t care. Very rarely did I make interaction with people who probably think I’m half-lunatic. Why would anyone? I stopped short at the sight of a little abandoned hut I had found way out in the country. It was the place I called home. I guessed it was probably some for farmer’s old shed they had deserted. It was pretty nice, actually.



 The walls were totally blank. I had filled in the cracks with packed mud. I had hung a few posters up on the side of my “bed.” My “bed” as I called it, was very cheap. It was a few wooden planks I had found with an old, patched up sheet. I had put some various items I had found underneath to make it a little cushion-y. Over on the other side of the hut was a little ancient cupboard.  In it were a few essentials I had to make my life. I had some instant oatmeal packets I had found discarded from a huge mansion, practically. I guessed it had had been outdated. I didn’t care; outdated stuff was fine with me.



 Some water bottles, and some other clothes, in case I ever got too dirty. But my clothes were fine with me. I sighed and grabbed a few instant oatmeal packets. After cooking it, I nestled down onto my bed to view the items of the day I had brought in.  I took a bite, then pulled the old rusted harmonica I had found out. I brushed away some of rust dust can blew a few notes on it.  It was really great! I smiled and shoved it into the cupboard. Here was a little instrument to keep me company in the evenings.



 I finished my oatmeal and I pulled out my other find. Today I had only found two items, but the harmonica had made it very special, even though it was only two finds. My other find was an old, patched, worn-out wallet. I could hardly keep from laughing! This was awesome! A wallet! I didn’t care how old it was, it was a wallet!  Now there would be a safe place for me to store the very scarce money I brought in sometime. Not that I steal,     I do odd jobs once in a while and make a living of off that.



That’s who I am. A city girl who runs the streets up and down trying to find something. Who tries to keep herself alive. I groaned at the thought. But I had learned to live with it. I decided to retire for the night, and that’s when it came. The dreaded knock on the door. Somebody had come. Note to self: Next time, try to find a safer place.

4 comments:

  1. MORE PLEASE!
    Heh, heh, heh...
    Please write more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I can! I'm glad you like it! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, Can't wait to read the next part!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that's really sweet!

      Delete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.