Courageous

01 September 2013

"All it is is a simple little matter, why are you so worked about it?"
"It's cheating, Abree, no matter what way you put it. We shouldn't have taken his notebook."
"Come on, Jayne, it doesn't matter now. The final tests are already past. Plus, you're not thinking of going and telling him, are you?" Her blue-green eyes pierced through Jayne. 
"I-I-I guess maybe not." 
"That's the spirit. Come on, let's go grab a shake at the ice cream shop. My treat." 
"Oh-oh-oh okay..." Jayne reluctantly followed Abree off the porch and onto the sidewalk.
Was this the right thing to do? After all, the tests were over, but....

                                                                   _________
Sometimes taking a stand will be hard. It requires courage. Something that we need God's help in.

Courage. Doesn't the word sound, I don't know, brave? Being courageous isn't just telling your friend what she's doing is wrong and she needs to stop it. Sure, that's definitely a way of showing courage. But sometimes it goes deeper than just that.

Being courageous might mean that you will lose your best friend. It may mean getting fired from your job. It may mean horrible things. But keep in mind, you will reap what you sow. In other words, what you do, you'll get rewards of.

Would you rather "be a chicken" or stand up for what's right? The rewards will be different. Guaranteed.

Here's a verse to keep you encouraged...

13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. - Philippians 4:13 .

{A few picture quotes to go along with this devotional. Story will be finished after these....:) via via











hope that wasn't too many too bore you all, there were just too many good ones!
                                             
                                                             ___________

...."OK, this still doesn't make sense, Abree, you're still saying what we did was right?"
"No."
"Then what?"
"Well, I've been thinking, maybe we shouldn't have done that. But we don't have to apologize to him." She said thoughtfully.
Jayne took a sip and said, "Maybe."
Both girls were quiet for a little. The radios making sound and the clanging of dishes was the only other thing in the shop that were noisy. 
All of a sudden, Jayne stood up. " Abree, maybe you think we don't have to apologize, but I think we do. I'm gonna go apologize right now. It isn't right. Jesus wouldn't have done that and neither will I. See ya later." 
Abree glared at the retreating figure. "Oh well, all it was was just taking a notebook." She muttered to herself. A pang of guilt took her by surprise. "Well, maybe not..." She admitted. Her thoughts were restless..

"Blake! Wait up!" Jayne ran after him after school let out for the day,
"Yeah?"
"Um, you know the finals?"
"Tests?"
"Uh-huh. Well, I'm really sorry that your tablet with all the important stuff jotted down went missing the day you were about to study."
"Why?"
"Well, me and Abree thought it would be hilariously fun to take it. So we did. But now I regret it. I'm really sorry."
Blake gazed at her thoughtfully. "I forgive you Jayne. Just next time tell me. OK?"
"Deal." 
A beautiful smile escaped Jayne's lips. For the first time in a long time she felt guilt free.





No comments:

Post a Comment

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.