Broken Dreams

04 September 2013

"Oh no! The manuscript didn't pass, Bernadette. See?" Alex showed her best friend the decline paper. 
"Oh no. I'm really sorry, Alex. I know how much you wanted to get that story about you and Kasey" 
"Yeah." Alex bowed her head. "I guess it was part of God's plan."
"How could you be so calm about it? I'd be trashing the paper or stomping on it or..."
Alex held up her hand. "I think I know why they didn't accept it."
"What do you mean?" Bernadette asked, a puzzled look on her face.
"God was teaching me a lesson." Alex said at last.
"What lesson?"
Alex grinned, "You see..."

  Sometimes when we have broken dreams, we're crushed. Everything is falling apart. I've felt like that lot's of  times. Like even now I don't have my own horse, I used to really want one but then it was decided not to.

  Broken dreams can be depressive, but sometime it may be because we didn't give it wholeheartedly to God. We didn't let go of the dream and say, "God this is yours, not mine." So maybe it's because we didn't give everything up. Think about it, are you keeping back something from God? He loves you and wants the best for you, if you'll just give it to Him.

Enjoy this little poem...(story resumes after this)

 As children bring their broken toys
With tears for us to mend,
I brought my broken dreams to God
Because He was my friend.


But then instead of leaving Him
In peace to work alone,
I hung around and tried to help
With ways that were my own.


At last I snatched them back and cried,
“How could you be so slow”
“My child,” He said, “What could I do?
You never did let go.”





Half a year later...

Bernadette clutched the book in her hands. She flipped through the pages and smiled. Now all she had to do was find Alex. Oh! There she was, her long light brown hair flying free in the wind.
"Hey stranger!" The girls both held a copy of the book Alex had gotten published.  

"I'm glad you got it published, Alex." Bernadette said.

"Well, all it took was a little giving it up to God, Bernadette."
"I'll take your word for it!"  Bernadette laughed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.