Look Up

02 February 2015






on the cold mountain of tears
the travelers, their backs bent with fears
of today
of tomorrow
of the future.
trembling, slowly,
with heavy,
dull footsteps
made their journey up the mountain.
each clutching their own satchel of sorrow
never turning to see the rays of hope
beaming above them.
oh, if only
they would look up.

just once. 



__________________________________________


yeah, yeah, I'm not a poet.  I know.   But sometimes I like to let words flow in their own way, and see where they travel to.  And in this case, with a little bit of encouragement from a website I can't recall the name of,  I scribbled up this little piece of writing, which is probably not the best, but it came from the heart.


| | |


How many people do we greet and talk to every day?  All around us, wherever we are, there are people we see, befriend, converse with, and accept as part of daily life.  And sometimes, the whole story is just not what meets the eye.   There are people whose lives aren't all put together, and you and me, we are called to reach out to them. That's a serious job.  Yes, sometimes it's hard to reach out to the people around us, and we slink back, telling ourselves someone else will do it.  no.  We need to take the first step.  People need to hear that there is hope for them; a chance for a better tomorrow.  They need to know that there is One who is watching and caring for them, even when it doesn't seem like it.

Let's take the first step, shall we?



38 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, Autumn! I love your poem, and I especially love how you said that people need to know that there is One who cares for them. I think it's easy for us to forget that (:
    Your blog is really so lovely and I love it. Thank you for following my blog, and I'm going to follow yours!
    -Lauren <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) I liked that line too.
      aww, thank you again <3

      Delete
  2. Wow this is amazing...you are a wonderful poet and a great speaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you so much, Claire ♥

      Delete
  3. That was wonderful! I love poetry like that, it seems more..real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2/02/2015

    This poem is something I needed today, Autumn. Seriously. You, thru this post, reached out unknowingly to *me*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm more than honored that I was able to do that :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow dude this is deep. "oh, if only they would look up" was just like aw aw aw sadness.

    New reader over here! c;

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol, yes.... that part was a bit more sad to a certain extent.
      thank you!

      Delete
  6. This is amazing. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your poetry. It's better than what I have sitting on my desktop... :D This was very much eye opening!

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Nah, I'm positive yours is flawless :D

      Delete
  8. great read! amazing <3
    xoxo

    http://meliissale.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved this. I think you are a very talented poet. This poem made me think, and that is one of the most important things, in my opinion.

    xx Lorraine // Laurel Crowned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, tysm :)
      that's really true.

      Delete
  10. Anonymous2/03/2015

    It's so simple, but so deep. Amazing ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is beautiful! I really enjoyed that. Your a true poet. I don't care what you say. Simply beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! hehe, lol, knew exactly what I was saying, eh?

      Delete
  12. Great Post! I like your Blog! Keep going :)

    Greetings <3 Rabea
    www.rabeasbeautytipps.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I love your poetry! This poem was so deep and had a great message. I would love to read more of your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks so much Jollygirl. That's really encouraging :)

      Delete
  14. I just happened upon your blog the other day and...oh goodness...this poem just broke my heart. Please don't ever say you aren't a poet - anyone who puts words down on paper is a writer or a poet or an essayist or whatever they aspire to be. It's not about being "good" at writing. It's about putting your heart into it and you definitely did that here.
    ~Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that's honestly the sweetest thing anyone could say. Thank you soo much, and I agree completely. Being good isn't all that matters. <3

      Delete
  15. Let's do! Excellent and inspiring post, Autumn! Often it's easy to feel uncomfortable and just wrap ourselves up around other people, doing what we have to do, and ignoring them; but it's so much better to stop and talk with people, smile, and brighten their day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Those are words of wisdom :)

      Delete
  16. So beautiful, Autumn. You have a gift!
    I love your blog design, by the way! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thank you, Jordy.
      thank you <3

      Delete
  17. BEAUTIFUL!! You're a great poet, and don't say you're not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I won't be anymore :)

      Delete
  18. Wow! Love this! You also have a new follower now. ;) I could have swore I was following, haha! ;) I LOVE YOUR DESIGN! How did you get the comments like that?

    Sophia.xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) XD thank you once more ;P
      Oh, I just found a tutorial for it on Helplogger..... I don't have the link with me right now, but you could probably google it.

      Delete
    2. Yep! xD
      Okay, I'll google it. Thanks!

      Sophia.xo

      Delete
    3. yup. any time :)

      Delete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.