Healthy-ish Iced Cappuccino | easy recipe

26 September 2015


hey guys :) how are you doing?

so a couple weeks ago, at school, i was in home ec., and we were making iced cappuccino.  honestly, it wasn't that bad, especially for me, since i love all things sweet. well, not anything, but yeah.  so we just went ahead and dumped coffee, milk, and hot cocoa mix into our mugs, and i don't know.  i didn't even know that i was this worried about eating healthy, cuz when we opened up the hot cocoa mixes i was just like so sad that we would be putting something so unhealthy into our drinks.

wow, autumn.

i mean, yeah.  but, i guess that's kind of good? i mean, me being worried about how unhealthy this cappuccino is before drinking it is  kind of, um, well, fantastic.  no kidding guys.
but anyways, so after that monumental class i hurried on home and ransacked the kitchen, trying to figure out where anything is, and then threw together my idea of a "healthy" iced cappuccino.  tee hee.
anyways, so i really wouldn't call this recipe like super duper healthy or anything...i mean, c'mon, it's just a cappuccino recipe, and a cappuccino is a drink that's more dessert-y, than, like, water. okay, so hopefully you got that, but if not, that's okay.

what i was trying to say in a nutshell -  i just love making food and this is a recipe for something that the race of humans have dubbed as "iced cappuccino" so maybe you should make it and eat yummy food, kk?




I N G R E D I  E N T S
1/2 c. strong coffee
1/2 c. milk 
1 Envelope of Hot Cocoa Mix OR  3 Tbsp of Mix. (I couldn't find any at the store that were healthy, so I just mixed 1/2 c. cocoa powder w/ 1/2 c. xylitol {a natural sweetening substitute...you can use any other sugar you wish} and it tasted just great.)
Ice Cubes
Whipped Cream (optional)

D I R E C T I O N S
Put the Hot Cocoa mix in your mug.  Add the coffee to it, and then mix.  Add the milk, and then fill the mug the rest of the way up with ice cubes.  Top with whipped cream if you want.


Firstly, you're going to want to make your strong coffee if you don't have any on hand. 




Then, you're going to take your hot cocoa and if you're using an envelope just dump it all into your mug, or if you're using a homemade mix like I did, just measure out 3 Tbsp. and put that in your mug.




Then you're going to mix in the coffee with your hot cocoa mix and stir that till mixed.



Immediately add your milk and there's the basic cappuccino for you :) But we're not just gonna leave it at this, i mean, really. 



Now to make this thing chill and cool (no pun intended) we're going to add ice cubes till the drink reaches the top of the mug.  This really makes the drink "iced". 


And then the BEST part.  whipped cream.  ♥ Go crazy, it's up to you ^-^







so, did you guys like this post? i've only done one other "recipe" post on this blog before, and that was my meadow tea recipe.  but honestly, you guys know my obsession with healthy baking, and i love making stuff.  like a lot.  so, do you guys even like posts like these? where i show food? cuz i had another idea in mind for later on, like something for a healthy frappuccino...but I want to know if you guys even like these types of posts before just going on a streak of them...so yeah.  what do you think?

okay, so how's school going for you all? i think i'm getting used to the routine of it, but honestly, SO. MUCH. WORK.  ughhh... =) anyways, so.... i think that's it.  have an amazing day because today's a great reason to be happy, right?
-autumn
(and the weatherrrrrr...i mean, guys, it's AUTUMN.)



33 comments:

  1. I love this post!! I'll have to try this sometime:) Although being the health-food-rebel that I am, I'll probably just use sugar xD Actually, I'd love to make it healthier, but for some reason sugar substitutes give me a stomach ache sometimes? Idk. But I love this recipe! Definitely share some more of these:)
    School...ugh. I'm getting used to the routine too, but gosh, I miss free time!
    Thanks for sharing this, Autumn! :)
    xoxo
    Grace Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yeah :) thanks. aw, that stinks.
      okay i will!
      i know right??

      Delete
  2. OOH.
    Okay, I'm totally trying this. Maybe Monday before school because I'll be terribly tired? I dunno, but I want to do this really badly. xD Coffee isn't my *favorite*, so hopefully the sweets in there will help it be a little bit more bearable. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should definitely make this and let me know how it turns out :) i'm with you on that one, i don't really like coffee either, but this makes it a LOT better. Monday mornings are perfect for these drinks <3

      Delete
    2. I JUST MADE THIS AND IT'S SO AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS.

      Delete
    3. YAY I FEEL FLATTERED.

      Delete
  3. Gosh I love this post. Frapps and jazz are totally awesome, and I love that I could drink one and not be as unhealthy. Healthy food is great :).
    I'd love more recipe posts!
    School for me is going fine. I'm not generally hot on all that "social scene" stuff (and the HW like who likes that), but I love having more time to chill with my friends and having math class. bc math is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you so much for commenting <33
      I'M WITH YOU ON THAT. Healthy food is the bomb.
      okay, thanks!
      I know right? homework is just. the world needs more people like you that think math is cool. honestly there's like no one in my class that thinks math is cool. ^-^

      Delete
  4. Anonymous9/26/2015

    This looks amazing! I'm gonna have to try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm...I hunger for this. :') Thanks for the lovely photos as well, I can't follow most receipies without a visual guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm..it's so good. I know, that's how I am too :) pictures make everything better.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous9/27/2015

    We're heading into summer, so this is a great time to be discovering new iced drink recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you cool southern hemisphere person :) no fair ^_^ haha, but yeah, summer's the time to drink iced drinks.

      Delete
  7. I don't really drink Cappuccinos but this is definitely a very interesting post! In the future, I might try this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't drink them that often. I barely ever do unless I make them. =) you should!

      Delete
  8. This sounds heavenly, Autumn. <3 I love iced coffee, so I will definitely have to try this sometime soon. I've never really thought of adding hot cocoa to coffee; that's a really good idea!
    ~Ginny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! ME TOO. iced coffee is da bomb. literally.
      Yeah, that's basically what a cappuccino is- coffee and hot chocolate. it's soo good <3

      Delete
  9. thank you for posting this...i need to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome! yeah you do :)

      Delete
  10. I have made this ice cappuccino... but I can't make stuff.

    IT DOESN'T LOOK AS PHOTOGENIC LIKE YOURS-- SERIOUSLY, YOUR CAPPUCCINO PHOTO SHOULD BE CIRCULATING AND TRENDING AROUND PINTEREST. <3333

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww...don't say that ^_^
      dude, that's the biggest compliment i've received all day. thanks <33

      Delete
  11. Looks so yuuuumy ❤︎

    -caroline @ thecarabelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. THIS IS FANTASTIC. MORE POSTS LIKE THIS FOREVER.
    excuse me while i make this for myself before class tomorrow!!!!!
    schools pretty good for me- going as well as can be expected ;) i'm taking this hybrid english course so theres a ridiculous amount of work for that, but it will aLL BE OKAY SOON BECAUSE IT WILL BE OVER IN LIKE TWO WEEKS!!!! i'm so excited. also excited for autumn. also for more blog posts from you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAYYY COMMENT OF THE DAY GOES TO OLIVIA.
      haha you totally should!
      aww, that's awesome! only two more weeks..keep going strong :) aw thanks!

      Delete
  13. I need to do this! I just started drinking coffee and have yet to go the ice route because I never think in advance and don't have time to let the coffee chill before I need to drink it, but I should try this! When you're making your own cocoa mix and use a sugar substitute like stevia, the coffee is actually healthy (unless you add a lot of whipped cream!) Much healthier than starbucks!

    Hannah ~Grace in Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of coffee at all, but THIS makes it soo much better. You should really try it. True, true. Starbucks loads the calories on like craaazzyyyy.

      Delete
  14. Oh! That looks so good! I'll have to try making it sometime!:) If I ever get coffee....XD A frappe post would be so cool!!!:D
    -Emma-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Okay, I'll do that sometime :)

      Delete
  15. This is a great little recipe! I'm not really a huge coffee drinker, but I know some people that I can make very happy with this drink, haha. Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me neither really, i just like this cappuccino :) haha, you're welcome! thanks for commenting.

      Delete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.