senior year updates: #1

14 October 2018

two years ago my blogger friend Rachel Seo did a series of senior year updates on her blog, and last year my friend Grace Anne did senior updates on her blog as well.  so, to keep it going (primarily since i'm a senior this year ;) i decided to do senior year updates blog series this year! hope you enjoy x

achievments:

so as far as actual things i did this year so far.  well.  great question! xD

I took my first SAT (such a long story please don't ask).
I had my first senior meeting(s).  (man, we waited so many years for this and it's finally here what a time to be alive lol.  also my class is all right.  so that's good i guess)
I got super sick and still made it to school (achievement? i guess... idk man)
I visited my second college (let's just say it was not as good as the first & i kinda don't expect to go here heh)
I started college apps.  (we're just going to call this an achievement okay!!! also props to Abby for being the most supportive friend ever like thank you)
I went THRIFTING. (slightly straying off the academic theme here, but i kinda feel like there was a trend towards thrifitng recently so i dragged my only friend (ha. ha. ha.) along to go thrifitng with me and it was actually kind of fun! i got one sweater (that i'm currently wearing))

feelings:

such a plethora of feelings oh my goodness.  senioritis is a REAL thing, my friends.  and the funny thing is i've literally only had it since this year, so i guess it really is a senior thing....WHO KNEW.  the second funny thing (truly, nothing is fun or funny about school.  kinda just trying to add the entertainment value i know this is sooooo highly entertaining  you're welcome) is that at the end of junior year i was kind of so SO sad to leave school and to not see the then-seniors anymore, but i think i actually mentally graduated with them last year too because this year i have zero sad feelings whatsoever about leaving.  i'm a lot more just CAN WE PLEASE BE DONE WITH THIS SCHOOL YEAR ALREADY or at least just let me go home! please!

and yes.  i saw a tweet that said "don't wish away senior year" and I GET IT.  truly.  it only happens once! (thank GOD) so yes, guys, i'm trying to enjoy it to the best i can.  but don't get me wrong, i will be so, so happy once high school is over and i get to move on to the next phase of life :) BUT.  nevertheless, here we are.  living day by day and learning along the way (oh my goodness did you just see how that rhymed WE ARE LIVING)

so, some other positive reinforcements!! 1) your worth and identity is found in Christ alone, so it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks about you.  forget them!! 2) work hard for the future you want.  3) make your life one you love.   and ultimately, just learn to love the moments you're in, but life is constant change so...keep grinding and work hard for what you want, kiddos.  peace and love.

senior year so far = a few fun moments, increasingly overwhelming workload wth, really boring/depressing/sad/not -fun

:)))))))))
keeping it real, folks


goals:

I figured I should end this post with some goals.  because goals are fun and healthy, you know? (also, this will give me a great starting point for my next senior updates post, so....there you go.) 

hopefully, by the next time a senior updates post rolls around on this blog, i will have:

☆ finished college applications (am i too ambitious? stay tuned to find out bc even i don't know anymore) 
☆ blogged slightly more (teehee)
 maintained a slightly healthier schedule
☆ do some more creative work (because after all, that is what i would like to do for my career.  and, yes, blogging is 'creative', but i want to do more.  notice this ambitious theme????)


+++
so i'm pretty sure the stars aren't aligned up there ^^^^, but that's all right because this is a blog post.  not funny? ok.  xD BUT i'm trying to get this post up asap, so, give me some credit. :)

SO.  what's up? are you still in school or out of school? AND HOW'S THAT GOING FOR YOU? :))

xx
autumn 
(and yes i'll try to post again in a timely fashion because i've heard miracles still happen so you never know!) 

ALSO: if you want to design some super cool cards/inviations head on over to  https://www.paperlesspost.com/ to customize some pretty sweet stationary!! 

11 comments:

  1. I'm a senior this year as well! College apps are SO STRESSFUL, man. I'm applying to nine (9) schools because I guess I hate myself or something. (Although I did just come back from a tenth college visit, and I totally wasn't a fan. So at least there won't be one more app for me to fill out.)

    I got burned out for the very first time at the end of Junior year. This August was the first time I haven't been hyped to come back to school. I'm kind of fine with it now, but I'm still counting down the days until I go to college. I'm just so . . . done with hs at this point, tbh. I feel like I've mentally moved past it.

    Good luck with all your goals, especially college apps! You're so talented I know you'll have a great shot wherever you apply. :)

    Eleanor | On the Other Side of Reality

    P.S. I don't know how new your design is, but it's definitely new to me after my long absence, and I LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY HELLO FELLOW SENIOR! Dude, GO FOR IT. I'll probably apply to like 4 or 5, but I still have so freaking much to do for them so IT'S KINDA SCARY. Also how cool that you visited ten colleges haha!! I visited two so far, and am planning on visiting two more soon. And I get the feeling...the last college I visited was NOT FOR ME.

      Aww I totally understand the feeling! School has kinda settled into a boring rhythm, but I'm still so tired of it haha. SAME.

      Best wishes with your college apps, too! I'm sure you'll ace them and get into your dream school :)

      Delete
  2. YES! I love that you are keeping this series going! I remember both Rachel's and Grace's Senior Updates! Take me back to high school with these posts! The quote about not wishing senior year away is very accurate.. oh man. <3 Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad that you noticed!! They were both super cool, and I wanted to do the series on my blog too. Thank you so much for reading, Vanessa! Hope you're doing good too.

      Delete
  3. Yay, someone is keeping up the tradition ;) Lovely post -- I really like that it touches not only on your accomplishments and goals, but how you feel as well. This is an important time in your life that you'll want to look back on and remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha yep! SO TRUE. Feelings are so precious though I definitely think I'll always remember how I feel right now...highkey tired of school xD

      Delete
  4. Ooohhh, I love thrifting! We usually always find something awesome.

    Senioritis is real. As is Freshman-itis, and Sophomore-itis, and Junior-itis. It should just be called I'm-totally-done-with-school-itis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES it's actually pretty fun!

      HAHAHA YES. i never dealt with it before senior year (which is good? strange? idk?), but it's SO REAL AHGGG

      Delete
  5. Thrifting is so good! I'm up for it, anytime you want to go! Haha, if only. XD

    Aw, I hope this school year goes fast for you. All the best with your goals! And yes to your positive reinforcements! Hope your month is going well so far. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yayyy another senior series! I loved when they did so I'm excited haha. Good luck with apps and everything!!

    Nabila | Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE THAT YOU'RE DOING THESE <3<3<3

    I really really hope that senior year starts looking up for you. It's a hard time, it really is. Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete

be you. be nice. be amazing.
your comments make my day brighter
and i try to reply to every one.